Becoming a signatory to the IGI allows your firm to publicly demonstrate its commitment to corporate governance and places your organization at the heart of a global community seeking to protect shareholders’ rights and mitigate risks by making sound investment decisions.
A company that does not put the interests of its shareholders at the forefront will not attract investors and will not be a productive agent in improving the economy.
IGI Signatories commit to the following:
• To incorporate Governance & Integrity Assessment (GIA) results into investment analysis and decision-making processes;
• To be an active owner and to incorporate GIA recommendations into their ownership policies and practices;
• To promote GIA within the investment industry;
• To work with Capital Concept and other signatories to enhance their effectiveness in implementing good corporate governance practices;
• To report on their activities and progress towards implementing good governance.